The Canon PIXMA MG3500 is a very affordable all-in-one printer,scanner,copier that exceeds expectations for the price.The MG3500 is made of all hard plastic materials that are put together nicely and should be durable enough to leave in one spot and never move. While Canon PIXMA MG3500 the footprint is moderately small compared to some larger and more expensive all-in-ones this printer to be portable. All the major features you'll want are here, though, including WiFi and AirPrint connections, automatic duplex printing, scanning, and black & white and color copying.
The only major omission is a telephone jack for faxing. Connections and buttons are minimal.Canon PIXMA MG3500 There are power, B&W and Color copy, Stop, standard or 4"x6" paper size selection, and WiFi on/off buttons on the top with a USB input and power cord input on the back. The paper loading and output tray on are the front, and the door that houses both trays can be closed up when not in use to save on space.
Installation Canon PIXMA MG3500 is pretty easy whether you use the WiFi or USB set-up. There is included CD in the box with software and drivers, but it's already outdated. going to the Canon website and searching for the MG3500 on there. You'll find plenty of options to download the up-to-date versions of the software and drivers. and installing the software (takes about 5 minutes) on a 64-bit Windows 7 computer. From there you can choose WiFi or USB install. The Wizard guides you through both and it's simple. Since this is a budget all-in-one, Canon PIXMA MG3500 cut corners in a few places, and one of them is that there is no USB cable included in the box. and had to find a USB A to USB B cable in order to test the non-WiFi installation.
The Canon PIXMA MG3500 of this all-in-one is average, but for the price, that's good.and no problem recommending this unit to print typical school and work documents that have a mix of text and color figures. Printing a black and white text document took 15-20 seconds. If the document had small color figures it took just under a minute. Photo printing is not exciting. I tried a couple 4"x6" prints on glossy paper and they get the job done when a quick print is needed, but the quality is understandably less than going to a camera or even local drug store.
Canon PIXMA MG3500 If you install the My Printer utility in the software package and then select Printer Settings, you have the ability to choose landscape or portrait orientation, single sided, duplex, borderless, grayscale, multiple pages on one page, booklet printing, high-standard-draft-custom quality, plain paper or 6 different types of photo paper-- including glossy or matte,Canon PIXMA MG3500 along with 6 or 7 different types of maintenance settings to clean and align print heads and rollers.
There Canon PIXMA MG3500 is only a black ink cartridge and a single color cartridge.Additionally, Canon annoyingly sells a regular and an XL version of the ink cartridges for this printer (admittedly, pretty much every printer company does this). Included in the box are the regular versions. Why even Canon PIXMA MG3500 with a regular version? Just pack in the XL version and only sell the XL version in stores. Annoying money grab model. As you can imagine, only having a single color cartridge understandably, also limits the quality of the photo prints because you can't load in photo quality inks.and Canon PIXMA MG3500 This rather loud, especially in a quiet office environment.
Operating System (OS) Compatibility For Canon PIXMA MG 3500
Windows 8.1 / Windows 8.1 (x64) / Windows 8 / Windows 8 (x64) / Windows 7 / Windows 7 (x64) / Windows Vista / Windows Vista (x64) / Windows XP / Macintosh / Mac OS X v10.9 / Mac OS X v10.8 / Mac OS X v10.7 / Mac OS X v10.6 / Linux.
Canonprintersupport.org provide a download link for Canon PIXMA MG 3500Series publishing directly from Canon website with easy-to-download, to get the download link can be found below.
MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
MG3500 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
MG3500 series XPS Printer Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)
|MG3500 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)|
|MG3500 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)|
ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)|
MG3500 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)
MG3500 series ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
MG3500 series ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)
MG3500 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)
|MG3500 series IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)|
My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)|
Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)
Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)
IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)
IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)
Canon PIXMA MG3500Software & Driver Setup
Procedure 1: Driver Setup of Canon PIXMA MG3500via Free Download
Through this procedure, the setup of Canon PIXMA MG3500is performed with a so-called Automatic Wizard as you eliminate CD,
However you have to;
- Provide Canon PIXMA MG3500software file or its driver setup, which you can download from the link below.
- Have USB cable is essential for its function to connect both the printer device and the computer. USB cable is available in the printer box.
Afterward, pay attention toward the steps below to setup Canon PIXMA MG3500
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA MG3500and your computer.
- Only if it is requested, you can connect the USB cable of PIXMA MG3500.
- You can download the setup file, then install it anytime you want it by considering the step-by-step of the setup.
- Done with the setup, now you can pair Canon PIXMA MG3500USB cable with your computer. The wizard then will proceed the USB cable to ensure that both devices are properly connected. Another step-by-step for the setup will appear.
- You have to follow the setup instructions to complete the setup.
- Finish with the setup, Canon PIXMA MG3500is ready to use.
Procedure 2: To Setup Manually Canon PIXMA MG3500
Determine this procedure, “Add a printer” function that is an inbuilt feature of Windows is necessary.
Things to do:
- Download Canon PIXMA MG3500software file, if you don’t have on your system. Rest assured, the link is available below.
- You need Canon PIXMA MG3500USB cable to proceed the set up.
- Switch ON both Canon PIXMA MG3500and your computer.
- Connect both devices above with Canon PIXMA USB cable
- Prior the setup, you have to extract the downloaded file that is stored in TEMP folder.
- If your device operating system is XP, hit “Fax and Printer” section. However, if you use Vista or Windows 7, find Control Panel, then hit “View Devices and Printer”.
- Move your mouse, then hit “Add a printer” feature.
- Keep in mind that you only give the path to the aforesaid feature, only if the feature is customized and ready.
- The instruction will pop-up, to complete the set up, you need only to follow the instructions.
- You finish the installation, Canon PIXMA MG3500will proceed your command smoothly.
Procedure 3: To Setup Canon PIXMA MG3500via Software CD
The setting up of Canon PIXMA MG3500with Automatic Wizard/Software CD
Ensure You Have:
- DVD/CD drive should be installed on your computer.
- Check your printer package to find Canon PIXMA MG3500software CD.
- You need the USB cable that you can find within the package.
Comply the below mentioned instructions to finish Canon PIXMA MG3500setup with Software CD.
- Make sure that your devices PIXMA MG3500, and computer are ON.
- Before, it’s requested, connecting both devices using Canon PIXMA MG3500are not allowed.
- Infix the Software CD of Canon PIXMA MG3500to the computer DVD/CD drive. Follow the step-by-step instructions which are necessary for the setup.
- You can connect now the USB Cable of your printer Canon PIXMA MG3500to your computer, when you are instructed to.
- It takes some time until PIXMA MG3500 USB cable is detected by your computer. Instructions for the installation will appear afterward, you have to execute each step to complete the installation.
- At the moment the installation is complete, you can print with your Canon PIXMA MG3500, immediately.